We may also disclose any nonpublic personal information about you or former customers to anyone as permitted by law (for instance, if we are compelled by legal process).
FOR CLIENTS PARTICIPATING IN A DEBT MANAGEMENT PROGRAM
- If you need intervention on your behalf with creditors through a Debt Management Program or a similar program, we will obtain your express consent to disclose with creditors nonpublic personal information about you. We will not assist you with a Debt Management Program if you do not provide us your consent to share information with your creditors.
- We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to only those employees that we determine need to know that information to provide services to you. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to guard your nonpublic personal information.
- We may also disclose any nonpublic personal information about you or former customers to anyone as permitted by law (for instance, if we are compelled by legal process).
Access to your Information
- FCF automatically encrypts your personal information in transit from your computer to ours using the Secure Sockets Layer protocol (SSL) with an encryption key length of 128-bits. Even before you register or log in to our site, our server checks that you're using an approved browser - one that uses SSL 3.0 or higher.
- Once your information reaches us, it resides on a server that is heavily protected. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard your information. Our servers sit behind an electronic firewall and are NOT directly connected to the Internet, so your personal information is available only to authorized computers.
- Only authorized employees are permitted access to customer information. Authorized employees have been trained on how to handle information properly and are subject to strict limitations and guidelines in the handling of that information.
- You have the ability to view or update your personal information, creditor information, and bank account information any time by logging in to your FCF account. To view or update your account information now, log in to your account by clicking here: http://www.aaafaircredit.org/login.asp.
- If you have any other questions about FCF's privacy practices, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-351-4195.
Using and sharing your information
Industry Research: We may also analyze and aggregate your information internally for the purposes of compiling statistics, evaluating trends in the marketplace, and evaluating the overall effectiveness of our services.
Technical and product support: In order to provide you with technical and product support, we ask for your name and e-mail address. We may use your contact information in order to contact you regarding service updates or specific support questions. We may also contact you for additional opportunities to provide feedback on our products and services unless you request not to receive such communications.
Customer Satisfaction: From time to time, we may offer you the option to participate in surveys. If you would like to participate, we may ask you for contact information, preferences or other information. This information may be used to conduct research and improve our performance levels of efficiency.
Resource Links: FCF Web sites may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that FCF is not responsible for the privacy practices of other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this Web site. Please review the privacy statements of our partners to determine how they will use the information they collect. FCF is not responsible for the actions of any third party.
Referrals: If users elect to use our referral service for informing others about our site or products, we ask them for a name, phone and e-mail address for themselves and for the person/people being referred. FCF will contact the referred party/parties using the supplied information. The referred party may contact FCF directly to request the removal of this information from the referral database.
Former customers: We treat information concerning our former customers the same way we treat information about our current customers.
Access to your information: FCF does not share your personally identifiable information with third parties except as explained in this privacy statement or service agreement. The information you provide us will only be shared under limited circumstances.
Service Providers: In some cases, we will employ or work with service providers such as consultants, temporary workers, third-party software developers, internal auditors or outsourcers to complete a business process or provide a service on our behalf. For example, we may use service providers to process electronic payment disbursements, mail processing, or provide software applications. While this may require that we share some information, we will only share information that the service provider must have to perform the requested services. For example, a service provider who delivers products on our behalf would need to have a delivery address. However, these service providers are strictly prohibited from using your information for any purpose other than to act on our behalf.
For legal reasons. In some cases we may be required to disclose certain information to comply with the law, an investigation or a legal process, such as a court order or subpoena.
In case of a merger or acquisition. Your information may be transferred in connection with a sale, merger, transfer, exchange or other disposition (whether of assets or otherwise) of all or a portion of a business of FCF.
We may send site and service announcement updates. You are not able to unsubscribe from service announcements, which contain important information about service. We communicate with you to provide requested services and in regards to issues relating to your account by phone or e-mail.
DOES OUR WEBSITE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN UNDER 13 YEARS OF AGE?
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. Our Website is not designed for or directed to children under the age of 13. We do not collect Personally Identifiable Information from any person we actually know is under the age of 13. We urge all parents or guardians to participate in their children's exploration of the Internet, and to teach their children about protecting their personal information while online.
IS THE INFORMATION COLLECTED ON OUR WEBSITE SECURE?
We want your information (including Personally Identifiable Information) to remain as secure as possible. We strive to provide secure transmission of your information from your computer to our servers through industry-standard techniques. To help ensure the integrity and privacy of the Personally Identifiable Information you provide to us via the Internet, at the time you elect to enroll in our Debt Management Program, we use Secured Socket Layer (SSL) encryption technology in transmitting such Personally Identifiable Information over the Internet to our servers. We secure the Personally Identifiable Information you provide on servers located in controlled, secure environments, protected from unauthorized access, use, or alteration. Only employees who need access to your information to perform a specific task or function are granted access to such information. No personal data is ever stored on our web servers. Sensitive information is encrypted within our database, to ensure internal security. In addition,
Notwithstanding the above commitments to protect your information (including Personally Identifiable Information) from loss, misuse or alteration by third parties, you should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the Internet. There is also some risk that others could find a way to thwart our security systems. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security and privacy of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
FCF employs industry-standard physical, electronic and procedural security safeguards to help protect the personally identifiable information that you have provided to us from loss, misuse or unauthorized alteration. Whenever we prompt you to transmit sensitive information, such as an account number, we support encryption of your data as it is transmitted. FCF uses the latest technology to protect your account information from exposure to unauthorized persons. Below are some of the components of this security system:
- A username and password are required to access the FCF Member Service Center.
- After entering a username or password incorrectly three times, access to an account is blocked.
- Up to 256-bit encryption scrambles your sensitive transmissions made via the Internet.
You are responsible for protecting the secrecy of your Password in accordance with the terms contained in the Service Agreement. We recommend you not store secure pages in your cache or leave your computer unattended while you are logged in to the FCF online Member Service.
Although no security measures are foolproof, we work diligently to protect personally identifiable information stored on the sites' servers from unauthorized access using industry-standard available computer security products, such as firewalls and carefully developed security procedures and practices.
Correcting and updating your personal information: At our Web site, we provide you the opportunity to update or correct your account. You may also review and update your personal account information by phoning FCF Customer Support at 1-800-351-4195.
Questions/Concerns: In case of errors or questions, you can call our customer service center at (800) 351-4195 or (801) 483-0999. You may also email us at email@example.com, or write us at PO Box 3808, Salt Lake City, UT 84110. When contacting us to report a possible error:
1. Tell us your name and FCF Client Identification Number (if applicable).
2. Describe and explain as clearly as you can your question or why you need more information. If you tell us orally, we may require that you send us your question or complaint in writing within 10 business days. We will determine whether an error occurred within 10 business days after we hear from you and will correct any error promptly. If we need more time, however, we may take up to 45 days to investigate your complaint or question.
WHO DO I CONTACT IF I HAVE ANY PRIVACY QUESTIONS?
This page was last updated on 03/07/08.